While President Donald Trump proclaimed on Twitter in recent weeks that North Korea is "no longer a Nuclear Threat", the regime continues to construct new missiles, according to USA intelligence officials who spoke with the Washington Post.
North Korea is reportedly making new missiles in the same factory that produced the country's first intercontinental ballistic missiles capable of targeting the United States of America, senior U.S. intelligence sources claim.
According to the USA official who spoke to Reuters, one photo showed a truck and covered trailer similar to those the North has used to move its ICBMs.
North Korean leader Kim Jong Un also vowed during his separate summit with U.S. President Donald Trump in Singapore in June to work toward denuclearization, but there has been no concrete agreement to accomplish that goal.
Secretary of State Mike Pompeo testified last week that verifying North Korea was taking steps toward denuclearizing would "definitely take time", and declined to say publicly whether the regime was making progress on the nuclear front.
Addressing upcoming meetings in southeast Asia, US State Department spokeswoman Heather Nauert confirmed that North Korea's Kim Jong-un had already committed to full denuclearization during his June summit with President Trump. Mr Trump later said North Korea was "no longer a nuclear threat". Melissa Hanham, a North Korea expert at the Middlebury Institute of International Studies, tells the BBC that satellite images show there has been "regular traffic in and out of the building" at the Sanumdong facility-and the pattern didn't change throughout peace talks in Singapore and the DMZ.
Last week, it appeared North Korea had begun dismantling part of a key rocket launch site, but according to recent reports based on USA intelligence leaks, Pyongyang might still secretly be continuing its nuclear weapons programme.
North Korea is, however, dismantling some of its missile test sites.More news: Grace Mugabe loses diplomatic immunity over 'assault' on model
North and South Korea discussed reducing tension but didn't announce any detailed agreements after military talks on Tuesday, while the United States detected renewed activity at a North Korean missile factory, casting more suspicion over the North's intentions. This will mark a breakthrough in a long-stalled US effort to obtain war remains from North Korea, but officials say it is unlikely to produce quick satisfaction for any of the families of the almost 7,700 USA servicemen who are still listed as missing and unaccounted for from the 1950-53 Korean War.
A US military plane made a rare trip into North Korea to retrieve the 55 cases.
The official added: "We remain concerned about the scale of North Korea's illicit procurement, in particular of refined petroleum products via UN-prohibited ship-to-ship transfers".
Vehicles seen entering and leaving the facility on the outskirts of Pyongyang are similar to those used when the Hwasong-15, capable of reaching the United States, was last developed.
However, officials did note to the Washington Post that another launch facility - the Sohae Satellite Launching Station on the West Coast - was being partially dismantled. The government has said only that the UN Security Council -where China and the U.S. both wield vetoes - should revisit sanctions after Kim's meeting with Trump. "So there will be discussions that are inclusive of North Korea".
"We see them going to work, just as before", one official told the Post. This was a good thing and the return of those heroes would not have happened if President Trump and Kim were still exchanging threats. It has in the past two years quickly advanced its nuclear programme.