In a sensational triple announcement on Monday, the club also confirmed Thomas Lemar has agreed terms for his move from Monaco, while Lucas Hernandez joined Griezmann in renewing his deal, the defender's fresh terms running until 2024.
Continued reports suggested that a deal had been struck for the French global to join the Camp Nou and it felt inevitable that Griezmann would become a Barcelona player by the start of next season.
Athletico Madrid midfielder, Thomas Partey says he is delighted with Antoine Griezmann's decision to commit his future with Spanish side Atletico Madrid.
The club on Monday announced that the France worldwide has penned a new contract that will keep him at the club until 2023.
He added: "I think like his wife said in an interview: "At Atletico, you can be a star". "We want players who are committed and determined to succeed here". Hernandez has discussed Griezmann's decision to remain at Atletico and has revealed that the decision was made a month ago.More news: PUBG: 50 million copies sold, 400 million players
"I am convinced that together we will do great things", Griezmann said on Tuesday.
All three players are with France at the World Cup in Russian Federation.
The Frenchman was reported to be moving away from the club, with Barcelona in line to sign him.
The 22-year old Hernandez was impressive for Atletico during the 2017/18 season, which helped him earn a spot in the France team for the World Cup in Russian Federation.
France laboured hard against Austrailia before they could secure a 2-1 over the Socceroos and coach Didier Deschamps criticised their performance especially that of Griezmann.