The bombshell we were all expecting finally dropped today, as ABC just reported that "a source representing this matter has disclosed to ABC News that the law firm handling the case for [Michael] Cohen is not expected to represent him going forward", and that Cohen is now "likely to cooperate with federal prosecutors in NY, sources said".
A retired judge is reviewing more than 3.7 million items seized in the Federal Bureau of Investigation search to determine whether they should be held back from investigators because they are privileged attorney-client communications or are personal.
CBS News correspondent Jeff Pegues, who has been in contact with Cohen, reports there appear to be changes afoot in his legal strategy going forward - on the key question of whether Cohen is ready to cooperate, or whether he will decide to do battle in court.
With no representation, Cohen is "likely" to flip. Cohen, a 51-year-old father of two college-age children, recently told friends he expected to be arrested at any moment, Vanity Fair reported. While the full implications for Cohen remain to be seen, having your lawyers leave while you're under criminal investigation by the federal government is not a positive development.
Cohen has found a new lawyer, but the name of Cohen's new lawyer was not yet known.More news: Nigeria arrive in Russian Federation for 2018 Fifa World Cup
A person familiar with the matter told The Associated Press Cohen's current legal team plans to stop handling the case. There's no indication yet, that Cohen is in fact preparing to cooperate with the special counsel.
Neither Cohen, Ryan nor Harrison immediately responded to messages Wednesday.
Jones reported last week that of the first 300,000 items reviewed, she had determined that just 162 of them were covered by attorney-client privilege.
Daniels alleges an affair with Trump, which the president has denied. "It's an attack on all we stand for", President Trump said during a meeting with senior military leadership at the White House in April.