These Tests were identified by the channel's investigative reporter David Harrison, who conducted the purported sting, as the England Test in Chennai (December 16-20, 2016), the Australia Test in Ranchi (March 16-20, 2017) and the Sri Lanka Test in Galle (July 26-29, 2017). Moving on to the matter of getting high-profile worldwide cricketers involved with an instant splurge of money, he said, "If you have it, you will do anything".
According to the sting operation by the news network's journalist David Harrison, former Mumbai first-class cricketer Robin Morris admitted to his involvement in bribing a groundsman at Sri Lanka's Galle stadium past year to alter the pitch for two matches.
The pitch-fixing claims come from a documentary to be broadcast by Al Jazeera on Monday.
The unnamed cricketers were allegedly paid-off to fix a period of play during the Ranchi Test match by the same match-fixers who claim to have corrupted the groundsman who prepared the pitch for a match Australia lost to Sri Lanka in 2016.
"European Central Bank had been aware of the planned Al Jazeera documentary for some time but have not been given the full content". England are due to play Sri Lanka at Galle in November 2018.
England Test captain Joe Root, speaking in the aftermath of his side's nine-wicket defeat in the first Test to Pakistan, said: "I've been made aware there's a documentary going out".More news: Jokanovic wants Fulham to spend after promotion triumph
European Central Bank chief executive Tom Harrison confirmed that England's players have the board's full support on the matter.
The ICC have confirmed they were aware of the allegations.
The Pakistani batsman, who is the youngest player to have played Test cricket, is seen sitting in the same room in which former Indian domestic cricketer - Robin Morris from Mumbai - talks about facilitating spot-fixing in T20 tournaments. The statement read, "Sri Lanka Cricket wishes to state that it has zero tolerance towards corruption and will take immediate action against any person involved in the alleged incident, if found guilty".
The International Cricket Council (ICC) said on Saturday it was investigating allegations involving the two Sri Lankans and a former Indian player, urging "all evidence and supporting material" to be shared with the investigators.
Sri Lankan police have announced an investigation into the claims.
Cricket Australia (CA) CEO James Sutherland said that the board was aware of the documentary and the credible claims will taken very seriously.
Nothing should be presumed as of now, it was last season during the Perth Ashes Test that similar incidents emerged from the reporting of United Kingdom based newspaper The Sun, which claimed about the emergence of certain bookies in India who played a role in fabricating and controlling how certain parts of the Ashes were played out.