Downed power line believed to have caused house fire near Amherst

Share

One person was treated for burns from the fire, which is believed to have sparked from an electrical malfunction, division spokesman Anthony Chittum said. "Some are trained in hazmat, some know how to do water rescues, some have a medical background", Ms. Tyrrell-Brown said.

The two houses following the fire. Chittum said the house had several working smoke alarms.

Three pets died in a single-story house fire in Linda Vista Thursday morning. A resident of the neighboring home was asked to evacuate his house. I heard them say they were pretty burnt.

The Office of the State Fire Marshall is investigating both fires.

Cindy Porter watched nervously as the flames from a brush fire grew closer to her home on Underwood Road in Garlands Crossing April 12
Downed power line believed to have caused house fire near Amherst

PREVIOUS STORY: At least three people were injured in a fire in Athens Wednesday night.

Firefighters were notified of the incident at 4:19 p.m. and arrived at the scene to defensive fire conditions. Another was taken by ambulance.

Five different fire departments teamed up to handle a structure fire in Monroe Center early Friday morning.

The public is asked to avoid the area at this time.

More news: New Featurette Released For Lost in Space Reboot

Share