Extended Family Kicked Off Cruise Ship After Violent Brawl Erupts


In a written statement to those on board, Carnival Cruise Line's Australian general manger Jennifer Vandekreeke said the company was supporting travellers who were affected by the incident.

Carnival Legend is scheduled to dock in Melbourne about mid-morning on Saturday and the incident has caused a slight delay in the itinerary.

Memories of a cruise in the South Pacific this week will last a lifetime, but not in the way the ship's passengers might have imagined.

Vision of brawl on board the Carnival ship Legend.

'He said, "Please Dad, please, call the Federal Police",' he added.

THIS is the shocking moment violent brawls broke out on a cruise ship leaving terrified passengers hiding in their cabins fearing for their safety.

Barkho's son told him that he could see "a lot of people bleeding, a lot of people down on the ground".

"Police have been told a fight involving several men took place on board the ship after an argument about 12.45am today".

Mr Myrmell refused to answer questions regarding ship staff, who reportedly became "heavy handed" with passengers filming the incident, but stated that "excessive behaviour is not tolerated, of any kind", and that an internal investigation is underway.

More news: Ocwen Financial Corporation (OCN), Charles River Laboratories International, Inc. (CRL)

"The captain said 'What do you want me to do about it - throw them overboard?'". The entire group - which included older people, teenagers, and young children, one passenger reported - was escorted off of the ship and onto a police boat while other passengers watched and cheered.

"Carnival Legend is now on a 10-day South Pacific cruise scheduled to be completed in Melbourne tomorrow where the ship is now homeported".

"[They said] "It's OK, just go to your cabin if you're scared" or "We've taken away their drink card it's fine" - but their parents still had them".

"There are people walking around with cut heads and hands", she told Melbourne radio station 3AW.

Police said they were investigating the incident but no one had been charged.

It is believed the blows, punches and screams followed days of arguing between the 26-member family on board the vessel returning to Melbourne from the South Pacific.

"They were looking for trouble from the minute they got on the ship", one woman said.

'The ship's highly trained security staff have engaged with a small group of disruptive guests and ensured that they are fully aware of and are compliant with our zero tolerance policy.

The ship was around 220km off Jervis Bay, Australia, when the fights happened in the early hours of Friday morning.