Woman with breast cancer dies 18 hours after hospital wedding


But Lindsay managed to put the dress on and made it to the hospital's chapel, where she and Mosher exchanged vows.

'It reminds me of someone who is crossing the finish line of a marathon or something, ' David said to WFSB.

A CT woman's dream came true when she married the love of her life, although the joy lasted just 18 hours. "I am so in love and I am going to celebrate that love right now, '" Karas said.

Christina Kara is the bridesmaid who captured the pure joy and defiance in the face of death. "It is so humbling that someone could love me like that".

Mosher and Lindsay first met at a swing dance class in May 2015 and fell in love with each other. "The way we would talk about it, you alway kind felt this isn't it".

A love story that is touching many people around the world, Heather Mosher took her vows to husband Dave on December 22, exactly one year to the day that he proposed, which was also the day she was diagnosed with cancer.

"Now more than ever, I needed for her to know that she's not going to do this alone", said Dave. We went out on the carriage ride and I proposed to her under a street light, ' David detailed.

"A pair of draft horses, a carriage, and I arranged it all for that night".

"I went down on one knee she said "yes", Mosher said.

He added: 'We would go to Dana Farber weekly, we were going to natural doctors. And their lives were soon consumed by cancer.

Then, in September 2017, came even more bad news-they learned the cancer had spread.

David said he knew it was the last time he would be with his wife and her final words were the ones she always wanted to say.

"I was with her every single day at the hospital that week, and I wasn't in the mood to celebrate, " Karas said.

More news: Chelsea star dismisses baseless claims of Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino

Shortly before the end of the year, the doctors advised the couple to advance the wedding date, initially scheduled for December 30th. Doctors spoke privately with David Mosher last week about the date of the wedding.

David and Heather got married on 22 December surrounded by family and friends.

So, the ceremony was moved up. But since Heather's condition worsened, it was moved up to 22 December, just before Christmas.

Heather valiantly proclaimed her vows to David.

"The last words she said were her vows", Karas told WFSB.

Karas later wrote, "Standing in front of everyone in the chapel, I was hesitant to pull out my camera".

On December 23rd, just 18 hours after the ceremony, cancer would force the couple to say goodbye.

Her obituary reads:"A musical soul, she could often be found dancing, laughing and singing with her love and partner, Dave Mosher".

So, the couple set a date for December 30., but as the date neared, doctors at St. Francis Hospital in Hartford explained that Lindsay would probably not make it until then.

He said he's keeping a piece of his wife's spirit.

He added: 'Heather said, "I want to keep fighting", so that's the mantra I'm picking up.

'She's my great love, and I'm going to lose her, but I'm not losing her forever, ' David explained.