Inamullah Miakhial, spokesman for the local hospital, said the attack killed 12 people and wounded another 14.
The suicide blast targeted funeral ceremony for a former Haska Mina district governor in Behsud district.
There was no immediate claim of responsibility for the attack in Nangarhar where Daesh has a stronghold.
The Afghan Taliban has pressed the world community to ask the US and its Western allies to leave Afghanistan instead of asking the group to stop its armed struggle. Terrified mourners, mostly elderly men, could be seen running from the scene. An Islamic State affiliate is active in Nangarhar province and has targeted officials and security forces in the past.
The Afghan defense ministry has meanwhile said it does not believe that these attacks have been carried out by Daesh.More news: Pakistan To Hold Emergency Meeting Over Trump Tweet
This comes as an explosion took place on Sunday in Behsud located on the outskirts of Jalalabad city, the provincial capital of Nangarhar.
According to reports, the blast left 13 others injured.
Last year's civilian casualty toll of 11,418 was the highest for a single year since the UN began systematically documenting civilian deaths and injuries in 2009.