Maksud Khan came to the Sanjay Gandhi Hospital in Satna, Madhya Pradesh, complaining of abdominal pains, so the doctors made a decision to perform an endoscopy on him and find out what was causing the pain. Doctors performed an endoscopy to find out the cause, The Independent reports.
Doctors treating a man for suspected food poisoning got the shock of their lives after they found as many as 263 coins and shaving blades - a total of 5kg of metal objects - in his stomach.
In a weird incident, the doctors in Madhya Pradesh's Rewa district removed nearly five kilograms of metal objects from a man's the stomach.
Khan is believed to suffer from mental health problems and did not inform his family or friends of his freaky eating habits.
"This man looks mentally unstable as no sane person would do something like this", he said.
Relatives said that Khan had been suffering from depression and thus might have resorted to consuming metal objects.More news: Miss South Africa Demi-Leigh Nel-Peters crowned Miss Universe 2017
The report further mentioned that one doctor who operated on Khan stated that while the coins and nails hadn't caused any problems initially, they were close to causing him serious harm.
"Whenever he felt the urge to ingest a coin, he ingested it with water", said a family member.
Couple of months ago, a similar incident was reported from Kolkata where doctors at the state-run Calcutta Medical College and Hospital had removed 639 nails, weighing over a kilogram, from the stomach of a 48-year-old man.
Khan is fortunately now out of danger but he is observed closely and his psychological problems are now being treated.
The doctors have successfully managed to remove the objects from the man's stomach. There is, in fact, a term for this condition. Doctors found a screw, pen top, a magnet, and some coins in his stomach during his last operation.