CWI strikes five-year tour agreement with Pakistan

Share

Sethi also confirmed that the proposed West Indies' tour to Pakistan has also been rescheduled to March next year, which will be first of the series agreed between the two boards.

The matches will be on March 29 and 31 and April 1, Pakistan Cricket Board chairman Najam Sethi said on Saturday.

"There were talks to play the series in November, but due to unforeseen weather, we didn't take the risk", Sethi said at a press conference in Lahore as quoted by Cricbuzz.

The last worldwide match played at National Stadium was the first Test between Pakistan and Sri Lanka during the 2009 series, following which there was an armed attack on the Sri Lankan team bus, the incident that led to Pakistan being shunned by visiting teams.

"The series in America will be a tri-nation affair which will include Pakistan, West Indies and a third country".

More news: Irate women brawl with McDonald's drive-thru employee over missing McNuggets

The attack injured six Sri Lankan players and killed six security personnel and two civilians and Pakistan have since played nearly all of their "home" matches in the United Arab Emirates.

Since the attack on the Sri Lankan team bus in 2009 global cricket in Pakistan was suspended but recently a limited over series with Zimbabwe, the Pakistan Super League final, Twenty20 series with a World XI were all held in Lahore. We hope it will be one of the best series in Pakistan for both teams.

The PCB hosted the final of the Pakistan Super League in Lahore earlier this year and then successfully staged a three-match series against a World XI last September, a move that attracted praise from the International Cricket Council and went some way in allaying fears surrounding players' security.

"It was their wish".

Share