Crews filed a report Wednesday with the Los Angeles Police Department alleging sexual assault, TMZ reports - a move that could potentially launch a criminal investigation, as the incident happened within California's statute of limitations.
On Oct. 10, the Brooklyn Nine-Nine star - and WME client - tweeted that a "high-level Hollywood executive" groped his "privates" at a party past year. "Jumping back I said 'What are you doing?' My wife saw everything and we looked at him like he was insane".
Crews went on to say in his tweets last month he wanted to fight the man then and there, but decided against doing it, fearing how the media would portray the story and the possibility of going to jail.
"We're going to go all the way", the 49-year-continued when asked if he planned on filing a lawsuit against the executive.More news: Lin-Manuel Miranda to return to 'Hamilton' role in Puerto Rico
Because the alleged incident took place a year ago and within the statute of limitations in California, it's possible that a criminal investigation could follow. Venit has been placed on leave while WME investigates.
"Why?" Crews wrote. "Because this kind of thing happened to ME". "He called me the next day with an apology but never really explained why he did what he did".
Instead, Crews said he let it go and left the event.
At that time, he concluded by saying, "I understand and empathise with those who have remained silent".
The "Brooklyn Nine-Nine" actor opened up about his experience with sexual assault in a series of tweets after the Harvey Weinstein reports broke, claiming an unnamed Hollywood executive once "groped" his privates. "(Yes) R you prepared 2b ostracized?(No)".