The special hotline contact comes after increasing cross-border firing by Indian forces targeting civilians along the disputed border between the two nuclear-armed neighbours.
Quoting the army's Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) statement, the newspaper report said that four people were killed by firing and mortar shelling in the village of Bini Sulariyan in the Charwah sector.
Pakistani troops had earlier violated ceasefire on the worldwide border (IB) in the Jammu district consecutively for four days.
Earlier the LoC in neighbouring Poonch and Rajouri districts witnessed repeated ceasefire violations by the Pakistan troops for days.
In view of latest escalation of tension, senior Pakistan and Indian military officials Friday spoke to discuss ways to avoid civilian casualties. It was also said that no targeted firing on civilians were carried out by India.More news: Apple's iPhone 8 sees muted launch
The talks between the two DGMOs took place over a telephonic conversation.
"If India does venture across the LoC, or acts upon its doctrine of "limited" war against Pakistan, it will evoke a strong and matching response", he said.
Sources in North Block said that Major General Mirza rised the killing of civilians in Pakistan.
"This was evident from continued attempts of sniping and targeting of our troops undertaken through cross-border actions duly supported by Pakistan army troops", the statement said.
According to the ISPR, the army conveyed its "unflinching resolve to ensure security of its population" to the Indian DGMO. The 745-km LoC has seen a spike in ceasefire violations in the past one year and it is normal for both sides to blame each other for starting the firing.