The health department investigated the possible source of the virus.
The Ohio Department of Health is providing the Toledo-Lucas County Health Department with assistance as needed, state health department spokesman said, including testing submitted samples. We feel so, so sorry for everything that happened.
"I was a little surprised, and kind of scared because we had just gone to eat donuts there the day before the news came out that the virus had hit".
A local restaurant is closed amid reports of customers getting sick.
All those affected by the virus had eaten at the restaurant from August 4 to August 7.
A sign posted on the restaurant on Wednesday stated that it was closed because they were out of doughnuts.
The Toledo Health Department believes the illness was not environmental, that it was indeed food-borne.
The virus can cause inflammation in the stomach and intestines, causing stomach pain, nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea. A person usually develops symptoms of gastroenteritis 12 to 48 hours after being exposed to norovirus. General lethargy, weakness, muscle aches, headaches, and low-grade fevers may occur.
At least 200 people sick due to a doughnut shop
Norovirus is a virus which can spread through food which came in contact with an ill or recently ill person or through contact with other infected people.
The health department said Norovirus is common this time of year, and those affected should refrain from handling and working with food for at least three days after their symptoms go away.
The health department will reportedly inspect the joint once the cleaning is done and the joint can only resume operations if the officials give them a green signal to go ahead with it.
The store has eben shut down since Tuesday as workers clean it up, and it could be a while before it reopens.
Walkup said she wouldn't hold it against Mama C's if she or her children get sick.
'I think it's super unfortunate. In most people, the illness is self-limiting with symptoms lasting for about 1 or 2 days.
A good way of avoiding to get the virus is to thoroughly clean hard surfaces and wash your hands.More news: Patient with swine flu symptoms reported