The Chief of Army Staff (COAS) General Qamar Javed Bajwa condemned the terrorist attack and said that such terror-inducing attacks can not shatter our hopes.
According to ISPR, an army truck was the main target of the terrorists. The Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR), the media wing of the army, said that an on-duty security vehicle was targeted in the blast and added 10 security officials were also injured in the attack.
A military statement Saturday says the bomb also wounded 25 people, including 15 civilians.
Security forces reached the scene and cordoned off the area. "Our resolve won't succumb to any challenge", General Bajwa said.
The blast occurred at a bus stop in Quetta, the capital of Balochistan province, and the area caught fire soon after the explosion.
Balochistan Home Minister Sarfaraz Bugti refused to give any information about the nature of the blast saying "rescue operations are our priority".Читайте также: Five attempts were made to stop PDP convention - Makarfi
The casualties have been shifted to the city's hospitals where a state of emergency has already been declared.
The blast took place near Mehdi Hospital at Pishin Stop.
Fire fighting vehicles were able to douse the fire which had spread to multiple vehicles.
The huge intensity of the explosion smashed windscreens of many vehicles parked near the blast site. Rescue services have reached the site and are conducting rescue activities.
It is also a high-security zone which houses several important buildings, including FC Headquarters, Balochistan Assembly, Chief Minister House, Governor House and Balochistan High Court.
"We have so far received eight dead bodies and 17 injured", Doctor Fareed Sumalani, medical superintendent of the local government hospital, told AFP news agency.При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2017 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.
Код для вставки в блог