For FSG, this statement alleviates some short-term pressure on themselves and the club but will there be another statement, come the 1st of September, if they fail to fulfil the prospect of top quality players joining the club?
Barcelona has made two offers for Coutinho, the latest reportedly being 100 million euros.
Sky Sports reports a member of his family as saying: "Philippe has tried very hard to find an amicable solution to this situation but to no avail".
Another player who will play no part is Danny Ings, who will continue his ongoing recovery from a lengthy knee injury with a cameo for Liverpool's Under-23s at Swansea City on Friday night.More news: Warriors Potentially Targeting Paul George In 2018
FSG's earlier statement read: "We wish to offer clarity as regards our position on a possible transfer of Philippe Coutinho".
In a press conference previewing Liverpool's trip to Vicarage Road, Klopp said he will play them on either wing of Liverpool's front line and is relishing the impact they could have together.
Barca have plenty of money to spend, having sold Coutinho's compatriot Neymar to Paris St Germain for a world-record fee last week.
The German said: "I can't keep players happy. I am already here to work with this squad and not just always thinking "but if we don't get this or this".