The semi-official ISNA news agency on Thursday quotes Intelligence Minister Mahmoud Alavi as saying the matter is under investigation and it is "too soon to say" if Saudi Arabia was involved.
Reza Seifollahi, deputy chief of the Supreme National Security Council, told the independent newspaper Shargh that the male attackers were Iranian. The intelligence ministry underlined that the operations 'are still going beyond Iranian borders to persecute the commanders of those criminals affiliated with the arrogant powers and their regional allies'.
On Friday, authorities announced the arrests of 41 elements of Daesh in connection with the twin attacks. Commuters in the Iranian capital noticed more police than usual on the streets as dawn broke. The Interior Ministry in a statement increased the number of wounded to 52, up from 40. We are the agents of nobody. Scores of people were wounded.
Mohammad Javad Zarif, Foreign Minister Of Iran, tweeted late Wednesday, stating he found the White House Statement in response to the Iran terror attacks "repugnant" and that the people of his nation reject a fake show of friendship. "We underscore that states that sponsor terrorism risk falling victim to the evil they promote".
Terrorist group ISIL has claimed responsibility for both attacks. Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif in a tweet on Thursday called the White House comments "repugnant" and accused the US of supporting terror.
"Allah permitting, this is the first brigade that was established (in Iran) but it will not be the last", one said, as the group sat masked in a circle with their weapons.More news: Kickboxer Murthel Groenhart KO's Opponent, Gets Attacked By Fans in Ring
Iran's powerful Revolutionary Guard indirectly blamed Saudi Arabia for the attacks.
At a ceremony held in parliament, attended by newly re-elected moderate President Hassan Rouhani, speaker Ali Larijani also attacked the United States and Saudi Arabia.
In the wake of Wednesday's attacks, Iran's Revolutionary Guard released a statement accusing the Saudis of being complicit in the attacks.
Trump and the Saudi king last month signed eight different agreements approving nearly US$110 billion in arms sales to Saudi Arabia.
"However, with cooperation of (intelligence) services that are close to Iran, he paid the price of his crimes on Saturday and was killed by Iran's security forces and our friends in the other intelligence services", he said. "They look for a way to destabilize our country".
Two separate attacks shook Tehran on June 7. The state building was on lock down after the attack; no one was allowed to enter or leave. Five were men, one was, in fact, a woman.
President Tan said he was shocked and saddened by the strikes on the Parliament complex and the mausoleum of former Iranian leader Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini.
Supreme leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei had initially called the attacks "firecrackers" that "will not have the slightest effect on the will of the people".