Those killed by the roadside bomb in Logar province five women, five children and a man were all from the same family, said Salim Salleh, the spokesman for the provincial governor of Logar.
At least policemen were killed in an insider attack in eastern Nangarhar province of Afghanistan, local officials said Friday. The Provincial Governor said 10 Taliban fighters were also killed, including two commanders.
Momand says that after the shootings, the attacker, whose name was only given as Nasratullah, collected all the victims' firearms and fled the scene.
Mostly women and children died in the attack that occurred in the Mohammad Agha district of Laghman province, however no militant group has so far claimed responsibility.
In February, a policeman shot and killed eight of his colleagues as they were sleeping in an outpost in northern Faryab province.More news: Antarctica to be 'much greener place' due to climate change, scientists find
The Taliban has not yet commented on the attack, but roadside bombs have been the militants' weapon of choice in their war against foreign and Afghan security forces. The Taliban have stepped up their attacks since announcing their spring offensive last month.
Elsewhere in Parwan province, another roadside bomb targeted a U.S. militarily convoy.
The first four months of 2017 saw the highest recorded number of child casualties from the conflict in Afghanistan, the United Nations reported on Monday, with at least 283 killed and 704 wounded as of the end of April.
Without sharing more details, a US military spokesman told VOA "the disabled vehicle is being recovered and the convoy will continue and complete its mission".