Embattled Fox News host Bill O'Reilly announced on Tuesday that he will be going off the air for nearly two weeks, to take a vacation.
Viewers and fans of "The O'Reilly Factor" were surprised to learn that the former journalist might have hosted his last show Tuesday night.
Allegations of sexual harassment surfaced in April, when the New York Times reported that Fox News and O'Reilly had paid $13 million to five women as settlement for sexual harassment complaints.
He announced that he'd scheduled his trip "last fall" - well before the New York Times reported he paid millions to settle harassment claims.
"Fox News co-president Bill Shine has been working hard to keep O'Reilly, sources said", Sherman continues.
Meanwhile, more than 50 advertisers, including bigwigs like drugmaker GlaxoSmithKline and Mercedes-Benz have pulled their advertisements from "The O'Reilly Factor" in protest.
"I believe that Bill O'Reilly sexually harassed Wendy Walsh", he told host Joy Reid.More news: Nigeria suspends intelligence chief over massive cash haul
Bill O'Reilly may be out at Fox News.
When Fox News chairman and CEO Roger Ailes exited last summer in a hail of sexual harassment allegations, parent 21st Century Fox pledged zero tolerance for any behavior that "disrespects women or contributes to an uncomfortable work environment". O'Reilly has denied the claims. "All of us need a break", O'Reilly said before signing off of Tuesday night's show.
"I told them we really appreciate that and let's get going as soon as possible".
Speaking of, the 39-year old comedian revealed during the Sunday night edition of "Last Week Tonight" that he was planning to buy ads on "The O'Reilly Factor" in both NY and Washington. "Weirdly, we haven't heard back from them since, which is a little surprising because we're one of the only advertisers offering to buy time on his show at the moment", Oliver said. The Fox News chairman was given a massive payout past year to leave the network after those allegations - all of which he has denied.
But OReilly, cable TV news most popular personality, hasnt been abandoned by his audience.
With advertisers dropping O'Reilly's top rated show, rival networks who have failed for 20 years to compete are pouncing, as seen Sunday on MSNBC's "AM Joy". Walsh first made her story public in a New York Times story published April 1, and proceeded to file a complaint with Fox News' human resources hotline.